J/109 UK and Ireland Class Association
Annual General Meeting – notes of meeting
Thursday 24 July 2014 at 1800 hours
Royal Southern Yacht Club
Present – Eight owners and three apologies for absence.
1) Minutes of last year’s meeting Notes as previously circulated
2) Matters arising None
3) Committee membership
Jean Lockett from Jynnan Tonnyx has joined the committee to replace Richard Griffith who was thanked in his absence for all his help and input over the years.
4) Finance report Approx £5k in the bank.
5) Rules changes for discussion only at this stage:
We had a discussion about limiting the number of new sails that could be purchased each year. The USA J/109 rules do limit the number of new sails that can be purchased each year. They only have two class jibs and two class spinnakers plus a main of course. Their rule states that you can change the lot in the first year of ownership and thereafter only the main, one jib and one spinnaker per annum unless a sail is trashed when it can be replaced.
Do we want to introduce something similar? Would it reduce the cost of ownership? Would it make racing even closer? Would it actually make much of a difference at all? All views welcomed.
Season Championship – updated results will be on the web site soon
7) Class Association annual dinner and prize giving – provisionally Royal Southern Saturday 25 April 2015
8) Any other business – social evenings during key events to be arranged.